2.14.2009

Canning Jar centerpieces


Photo courtesy of Sweet Pea Gardens.

My mother and grandmother have always done a lot of canning and our basement is full of canning jars! I think they would be beautiful to use as vases for floral centerpieces at the reception! It's definitely reusing old jars that are now just sitting and collecting dust! Plus, it adds some personal history to the scene. And I'm not the first to think of this. I've found lots of photos using canning jars, mostly at outdoor weddings. It's simple, elegant and you don't have to buy a bunch of matching vases that you may never use again.

I'm also excited to have my mother in charge of the flowers. She is an amazing gardener with quite the eye for color! This way I know the flowers will be grown organically and locally. Nothing will have to be shipped anywhere. Once we get our wedding colors picked out, I will post some photos of the types of flowers that Mom will try to grow for us. Hopefully the weather cooperates!!

No comments:

Post a Comment